Are you looking for ways to eat healthier without sacrificing flavour? Look no further than the humble broccoli! This nutrient-packed vegetable is a versatile and delicious addition to any meal, and it can be prepared in countless ways to suit a variety of tastes.
In this blog post, we've rounded up 10 simple and delicious broccoli recipes that are perfect for busy parents and professionals who want to make healthy eating a priority.
So, let's get started with our suggestions on healthy ways to use broccoli:
- Broccoli Stir Fry: Heat some oil in a wok or large frying pan, add garlic and ginger, then stir in broccoli florets, green beens and sliced carrots. Cook until tender, then add soy sauce and sesame oil. Serve with your favourite protein of choice.
- Broccoli and Peanut Noodles: Toss cooked noodles with a sauce made from peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and ginger. Top with steamed broccoli florets and chopped spring onions. Serve with your favourite protein.
- Broccoli and Mushroom Risotto: Sauté sliced mushrooms and chopped broccoli in a pan, then add arborio rice and cook until toasted. Add vegetable broth and stir until the rice is cooked and creamy. Top with chopped parsley.
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad: Chop up fresh broccoli and cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, then toss with diced red onion, chopped parsley, and a dressing made from olive oil, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard.
- Broccoli and Quinoa Bowl: Arrange cooked quinoa, steamed broccoli, sliced avocado, and pickled ginger in a bowl. Drizzle with a soy sauce and sesame oil dressing.
- Broccoli and Chickpea Buddha Bowl: Arrange cooked quinoa, roasted chickpeas, steamed broccoli, roasted peppers, shredded cabbage and sliced avocado in a bowl. Optional: drizzle with a tahini and lemon dressing. Enjoy with your favourite protein e.g. chicken or marinated tofu.
- Broccoli and Chickpea Salad: Toss cooked chickpeas, chopped broccoli, diced red onion, diced capsicum, pitted olives, and sliced cherry tomatoes with a simple lemon vinaigrette.
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Lemon Zest: Toss roasted broccoli florets with minced garlic, lemon zest, and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for a simple yet flavorful side dish.
- Broccoli and Mushroom Quesadillas: Sauté sliced mushrooms and chopped broccoli in a pan, then add to a tortilla with some cheese. Fold over and cook until cheese is melted. Optional toppings include sliced almonds or sunflower seeds.
Broccoli Pesto Pasta: Make a pesto sauce with blanched broccoli, garlic, basil, pine nuts, lemon juice, and Tarago Extra Olive Oil. Toss with your favorite pasta and top with some parmesan cheese.
From stir-fries to salads, there are so many ways to incorporate broccoli into your meals and enjoy its many health benefits. Whether you're a longtime broccoli lover or are looking to expand your culinary horizons, we hope these recipes have inspired you to get creative in the kitchen and make healthy eating a part of your daily routine.
You can find broccoli in the Sasonal & Essentail Boxes this week, as well as our add-on range. If you haven't ordered your produce yet make sure to place your order via our Shop. before 8PM Tuesday for a super fresh Thursday delivery.
And as always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.